My Shed Plans is a woodworking diagram program that has over 12,000 different woodworking projects. It contains many plans from small projects like dog houses up to large diagrams for sheds and barns.
What are the Pros and Cons of My Shed Plans?
- My Shed Plans has many pros, the first would be the price. The cost of My Shed Plans is the lowest of the top woodworking packages on the market today. If you are trying to save money this should be your first option.
- Materials for each project are located easily so you are not spending money on unneeded materials.
- They have a special guide just for beginners, so if you are just starting out this is very helpful.
- They have excellent support and will get back to you quickly via email to answer all of your questions.
- I only found one drawback, and it only concerns the professional woodworker. If you fall into this category then the bonus materials that are included will probably not be of much good to you, as they are aimed at the novice woodworker.
Ryan Henderson the woodworker who created My Shed Plans has put together a complete do it yourself project planner. The hobbyist as well as the experienced woodworker will enjoy the variety of woodworking plans offered. The detailed checklists will make sure that you will have everything you need to make your woodworking project a success.
If you are just starting out, My Shed Plans includes a how to course that teaches the beginner all the basic skills you will need to become an experienced woodworker.
Woodworking projects can be a great hobby not only for yourself, but for the whole family. Building your own furniture and outdoor projects has never been easier. Save time and money by building it yourself. With My Shed Plans you will have the entire process laid out for you in a simple and effective format. So forget about all the worrying and enjoy DIY projects for your home with My Shed Plans.
A band saw uses blade which is consisting of the incessant band of jagged metal turning wheels to cu the material/. It is used in the woodworking, lumbering and metalworking but it might be cut the different variety of materials. One of the main advantages of the band saws is uniformly cut the material as the result it is evenly distribute the tooth load. It has the ability to cut the curved shapes or irregular shapes like jig saw and most of the band saws have the two wheels which is connected by the chain or belt. But some of the band saws have the three or four wheels which are distributed on the load.
Different types of band saw
- Wood band saw
- Metal band saw
- Meat band saw
- Handheld band saw
When it comes to the metal band saw, it is the ideal power tool and it is really helpful to cut the rough metal. Generally the best band saw made for metal are categorized into the two types like
- Vertical band saw
- Horizontal band saw
The vertical metal saws are mostly used for the complicated jobs like polishing, contour cutting and filing but in the horizontal metal saws are used for cutting stock down to size. The metal saw generally need an extra maintenance and it has some built in features. A coolant which is really helpful to keeps the blades cool and lubricated.
A wood band saw might be the popular choice among the professional woodworkers and the proletarian. When compared to the table saw it is the power tool for carpentry work and it is the versatile tool. Smaller band saws are used in the workshops and the timber mills are used in the large scale industries.
According to Best Band Saw Website a meat band saw is used for the carving and cutting the various types of meat and it is generally made in the stainless steel. It is the favorite tool for the butchers and most of the people also having this tool at their home.
Safety guide for handling the band saw
There are different types of band saws are there and each is used in the different field but you need to know about the safety measures to handle the band saws.
- Always make sure that your body and figures are kept out of the way of the blade.
- Keep the wheel cover are closed if the saw is in use.
- Try to use the blade guard and keep it in the safest place.
- Decrease the feed pressure if you move towards end of the cut.
- If you want to change the blades then switch of the band saw from the power source.
- Wear the eye protection if you are using the any kind of band saws.
- Try to keep your work piece contact with the table.
- Use the push sticks which are stored in your miter slot so avoid keeping your fingers placed on the blade.